- CDM is a process by which a student may earn credit for a high school course by demonstrating a deep understanding of the content, without course enrollment or seat time.
- CDM is a multi-phased process that includes a written examination and a product.
- CDM is a way for highly advanced learners to benefit from subject-level acceleration.
- Any NC public school student who is able to show a deep understanding of the content without seat-time and classroom learning experience.
- Highly advanced students of the specific content; not intended initially for the masses
- Student does not need to be identified as AIG